Header Image

Love makes my world go round

| Monday 3 October 2011
Work is a bit slow today, so I've been spending a bit of time blog stalking, which has prompted me to write another post on my own blog focusing on why my blog is named so. Apologies in advance, as I'm in a thoughtful, daydreaming mood and I anticipate that I'm going to be rambling a bit!

Finding a blog title was quiet difficult for me, especially since this is the first Blog I have ever started and I had no idea what direction it would go. Having only made a few posts so far, I still don't know where it's going to go! Which is why I thought that I should make the title a little bit more personal to me, as no matter which direction this blog heads, the one common factor that would always remain would be me.

I titled this blog "With Love, Mich" as one of the most important things in my life is Love. Too many people, including myself, have wasted precious time and energy into people, jobs, and various activities that we dislike or despise, all the while forgetting what it means to have happiness and love in our lives. When I started this blog, I knew that I wanted to make it a positive and happy experience, not only for myself but for whoever reads this too.

When I left Perth, I was an emotional wreck - I had left a soul sucking relationship with an abusive narcissist, who had reduced me to a faint shadow of the person I was. I had lost a lot of confidence, not only in myself, but in others as well. - and the most scary thing was that I never thought I would find love again. I felt betrayed, hollow, and lost. Little did I know that going through that dreadful relationship was probably the one of the most important things to happen in my life, because it ultimately it led me here in Sydney, and it led me to Shaine.

Shaine is the most loving and supportive man I have ever met. He never puts me down, and he always supports me. We never (yes, never!) argue. Instead, we discuss everything and we hear each other out. We also give each other the required kick up the backside when required! Above all, we understand and respect each other.

Before I get too mushy, I guess what I'm trying to say is that Shaine reminded me that Love does exist. Since being with him, I am the happiest that I have ever been in my life. I've remembered that not everyone is out to discredit me, or put me down, and that good, pure, GENUINE people still exist! Despite the fact that we are currently separated by state lines, I've been able to see the beauty in things once more, and compared to where I was 15 months ago, I now feel like ME again.

My friends, too, have reminded me that Love exists. Although I may not see them all or keep in contact as well as I should, I know that they will always have my back, and I theirs. It doesn't matter how much time has passed, I know that when we see each other again we will pick up right where we left off. My friends are my family, and I love them dearly.

Having said that, I know I'm not perfect, and I do have the occasional whinge. We all have a little whinge sometimes- it's normal, quite natural, and to be honest, it's to be expected at times - life is never perfect, after all! However, while we many have the occasional whinge, I don't think the majority of us mean too much by it. I am thankful everyday for the friends in my life who understand it when we need a little vent, and understand when we need support, and understand when we are just having a little bit of fun!

And so it came to be that I named this blog 'With Love, Mich' - to remind myself everyday of the love I have in my life, and to remember that things are never as bad as it may seem. I'm not a perfect being, but with everything I do, it comes from a place of Love.

To all my friends out there - I miss you and I love you all. Without your love and support, I wouldn't be where I am now.

To many more years of love and friendship!

With love,
Mich :) xoxo


1 comments:

Anonymous at: 20 October 2011 at 10:14 said...

I love you too Nanna. xox Jas

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 With Love, Mich