Header Image

Grape Seed Oil - a Miracle for skin!

| Thursday 29 September 2011
September has been soooo SLOW.... work-wise anyway. After hitting my target last month, I truly thought that the economy was fine, but this month.... well, I'm not too sure at the moment. I'm miles away from my target, and with one day to go until the month closes off there's no chance to redeem myself! Sales have slowed down, and everyone seems to be shying away from finance options and are paying cash for everything - which I suppose is a good thing, but it doesn't help me out! Lol, oh well. What can I do? Well I'm looking forward to a busy, action-packed October! (Who says I can't be optimistic?)

So with the free time on my hand, I've realised there's a MIRACLE skincare product that I want everyone to know about. It's 100% natural, very easy to obtain, and it only costs around $5.00 for 500ml. So what is it?

100% GRAPE SEED OIL.


Yes, you heard me right - Grape Seed Oil. Bought directly from Woolworth's supermarket shelves for $5.00. The stuff they use for cooking oil. Sounds gross doesn't it? I thought so too at first, but a wise woman once said to me:

"If I can't eat it, why would I put it on my skin?"

Her words stopped me in my tracks - she had a point. In recent times people are becoming more aware of what they are eating and putting INTO their bodies - why aren't we also concerned with what we are putting ON our bodies? After all, skin is the human bodies largest organ. - shouldn't we be more aware of what we are putting into it? And so, it was with the principle of "If I can't eat it, I won't put it on my skin" that I made my foray into Grape Seed Oil.

So how is it a miracle oil?

It's a miracle oil for me because:
  1. It is light and easily absorbed into my skin
  2. My skins stays moisturised throughout the day
  3. My skins oil stays in CONTROL and doesn't get to that 3pm oiliness stage
  4. My pores have decreased in size
  5. My skin is tighter and more supple, and above all CLEARER
All of these things in just four weeks of using it!

Mind you, I don't use it during the day, as it does leave a light sheen on your face if you don't blot it away with tissue paper. I use it at night after my cleansing and toning routine. During the day I use a natural moisturiser with an avocado oil base. Before using the grape seed oil I noticed that my skin would get an oily sheen by the end of the day, however since using the grape seed oil the sheen has dissappeared!

Now, I can still hear your objections - how can Grape Seed Oil CONTROL the oil in your skin? Wouldn't oil make your skin oilier? But after doing some research, I realised that all moisturisers have some form of oil in their product, whether it be olive oil, soybean oil, avocado oil, or - you guessed it - good old Grape Seed Oil.

I have always had fairly oily skin, and as such I have always been prone to breakouts and blackheads. Going through puberty was a nightmare - my pores were HUGE, my blackheads were dark and menacing, and at one stage my youngest sister (who was seven at the time) dubbed me "Pizza Face". It was the stuff teenage nightmares are made of. Because of this I was always drawn to the "Oil-Free" moisturising products, and as I grew older and started earning money, I began to spend my money on more expensive skincare brands in the vain hope that they had the 'technology' to control my skin.

However it is only now that I come to understand that my skin NEEDS oil - we all do. Moisturisation is achieved when we replenish the oils that we have lost in our skin. So it would make sense that we would use natural oils, wouldn't it? Not only that, but Grape Seed oil is rich with antioxidants and Vitamin E, all of which help the skin keep healthy.

If you're still in doubt, check out some of the links below, which outline the benefits of grape seed oil. Otherwise, for only $5.00 a bottle it's a pretty good punt! If you don't like it on your skin, fry some chips with it instead.

The Oil Cleansing Method
Grapeseed oil - Promoting Health Within and Without
Grape seed benefits in skin care cosmetics

All I know is - it works for me and I LOVE it!

xx Mich :)

1 comments:

{ Jasmine B } at: 23 October 2011 at 00:45 said...

Ok, youve hooked me! I am so going to try the Oil Cleansing Method myself. I am currently using a dermalogica face cleanser that i hate (that cost me a fortune!). Ill let you know how I go!
Jasmine x

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 With Love, Mich