Header Image

A flight, a Kindle, and Oskars

| Wednesday 14 September 2011


So my Gold Coast weekend has come and gone.... and I had a fantastic time! It all started on Friday, when Shaine picked me up from the Gold Coast airport and took me back to his apartment in Surfers Paradise, where he surprised me with a Kindle for my birthday. I was absolutely stoked!


I've wanted a Kindle ever since both my best friend Jasmine and my previous housemate got one earlier this year. I'm a bit of a born-again book nerd, particularly since Shaine moved up to the Gold Coast for work and I needed some distraction! What I love about the Kindle is how you can download books on the go in under one minute, and I love how small and compact the device is. One of my pet hates when travelling is having to narrow down which book to take with you on the plane/bus/train - it not only comes down to what you want to read, but how big and heavy the book is! The Kindle solves that conundrum by being compact and light - as you can see from the picture above, with the protective leather case on the Kindle is as small as an A5 notebook. I'm in LOVE.

After getting my pressie, Shaine and I got ready to have dinner at Oskars in Burleigh Beach. Oskars is perfectly positioned, overlooking Burleigh Beach, and offers spectacular views of the Surfers Paradise skyline. Unfortunately for us, the weather in the Gold Coast on Friday night was noticeably cooler and quiet windy, so sitting outside to take in the views was not an option. The food was good, and the service was AMAZING. The waiter serving us was friendly, polite, and very attentive. Having lived in Sydney for over 12 months now I must admit that I find the quality of food in the restaurants here is better, however the service can be lacking at times, and this guy from Oskars just about blew the service levels I've become accustomed to out of the water. Half the point to dining out is the experience, and our waiter helped make the experience enjoyable through his great service.

All in all, Friday was a great night!

With Love, Mich :) xox


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 With Love, Mich