Header Image

The beginning...

| Sunday 4 September 2011
Spring - oh, how I adore thee!

It's the fourth day of Spring today, and I couldn't be happier. Despite the fact that I'm working today, it's sunny and beautiful in Sydney.... all of which translates into a brighter and happier me! I've been counting down to Spring ever since the cold weather began, which is the norm for me. Having grown up in Perth, I relish the hot, endless summer days that only Perth seems to have on offer. Alas! Enough reminiscing for now. Onto a quick introduction to me!

My name is Michelle, and I am a 26 year old Perth girl (woman?) who now lives across the great yonder in Sydney. I've been living in Sydney's beautiful Eastern suburbs for over 12 months now, and although my job is quite demanding (and my social life suffers dramatically because of it!) I do love living here. I'm near the beach, and the coast is absolutely beautiful. It's also wonderful to be able to see the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House regularly!

 



So why did I move? I moved here for a number of reasons, but ultimately the great deciding factor was the end of a bad relationship. I won't go into it in any depth - at least not now, anyway - but I can say that the beauty that came out of the ending of this relationship was that it gave me the much needed kick up the backside to finally take a risk and move forward with my life. As much as I love Perth, and I love LOVE my friends there, I knew that if I stayed in Perth my life would continue on it's lazy, aimless path.... which granted, was quite an enjoyable path at times!

Since moving to Sydney I've been blessed to meet an amazing man. I have a wonderful relationship with my boyfriend, whom I've nicknamed "Shaine". I call him Shaine because he's shallow and vain, but I love him to bits! Haha :) He's not really that bad, I just love to take the piss with him whenever I can - it's our thing :)



Now, what will this blog be about? To be honest, I'm not too sure yet. I'm starting this blog primarily as a creative outlet for my thoughts and opinions. I work in a predominantly male environment and as such, any form of 'girly talk' is extremely scarce to me! So expect some posts on fashion and beauty, as well as the occasional rantings and ravings of my life in general.

So I guess that concludes my first post!

With Love,
Mich xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 With Love, Mich